|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Difficulty: Easy||Cook Time: 1 Hour||Servings: 3-4|
CBD PUMPKIN SOUP
- 2 sugar pumpkins (~2 1/4 cups (450 g) pumpkin puree)
- 2 shallots, diced (~1/4 cup or 40 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 Tbsp or 9 g)
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) light coconut milk (or sub other non-dairy milk with varied results)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup or agave nectar (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt, black pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg
- 3-4 droppers of your choice of Hemplucid products (water-soluble, MCT or hemp oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the tops of two sugar pumpkins and then halve them. Use a sharp spoon to scrape out all of the seeds and strings (Keep the seeds you can roast them later).
- Brush the flesh with oil and place face down on the baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a fork easily pierces the skin. Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, then peel away skin and set pumpkin aside.
- To a large saucepan over medium heat add 1 Tbsp olive oil, shallot, and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly browned and translucent. Turn down heat if cooking too quickly.
- Add remaining ingredients, including the pumpkin, and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer soup mixture to a blender or use an emulsion blender to puree the soup. If using a blender, place a towel over the top of the lid before mixing to avoid any accidents. Pour mixture back into
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes and taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Add favorite Hemplucid product.
- Serve as is or with Kale-Sesame topping.
- A cup of cooked pumpkin contains more than 200% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin A which aids in vision.
- High in fiber and low in calories. Makes this a great way to aid in weight loss.
- Contains the antioxidant beta-carotene, which may play a role in cancer prevention, according to the National Cancer Institute.
- Health magazines report that carotenoids in the pumpkin can also keep the skin wrinkle-free
- A cup of cooked pumpkin has more of the refueling nutrient potassium than bananas
- With nearly 20% of your recommended vitamin c needs pumpkins are a solid source of this essential nutrient.
Highand diverse content of antioxidant compounds, including quercetin, kemferol, and various sulfuric antioxidants.
- The mineral content of shallots is typically higher than that of onions, including iron, copper, and potassium. Iron and copper can help to boost circulation in the body by stimulating the production of red blood cells.
- Allicin, the compound formed when shallots are sliced and diced, has been directly linked to regulating cholesterol levels in the body.
- Prevents clotting and stress on the cardiovascular system, further boosting heart health.
- Two of the phytochemical compounds found in shallots, allium, and allyl disulfide, help regulate the levels of blood sugar in the body.
- Help to stimulate the release of GABA in the brain, which is very important for maintaining low-stress levels.
- Studies suggest that exercise-induced fatigue may be reduced with garlic
- Garlic contains antioxidants that support the body’s protective mechanisms against oxidative damage
- For those with high cholesterol, garlic supplementation appears to reduce total and/or LDL cholesterol by about 10-15%
- Has a significant impact on reducing blood pressure in people with high blood pressure
- High levels of zinc and manganese, keeping the heart healthy and boosting the immune system.
- Has the same beneficial classes of antioxidant compounds found in berries, tomatoes, tea, red wine, whole wheat and flax seed
- A natural sweetener that has over 65 antioxidants that can help delay or prevent diseases caused by free radicals
- Aids in weight management by serving low calories and high nutrients.
- Contains antioxidants, which halts the flow of free radicals through the body and also saves from oxidative stress.
- Can help you lower cholesterol levels, improve blood pressure, and prevent heart attacks or a stroke.
- Good option for anyone allergic to dairy and nut- or grain-based
milks, plus it’s vegan and good for plant-based eaters.
- Increases energy expenditure and help enhance physical performance.
- Nourishes the digestive lining due to its electrolytes and healthy fats, improving gut health and preventing conditions like IBS.