WHEN IT COMES TO CBD, PURITY & SOURCE MATTERS
The CBD industry is quickly becoming inundated with companies looking to make a quick buck by supplying poor quality CBD oil from unreliable manufacturers. The CBD oil market is still young, making it challenging for consumers to educate themselves except through expensive trial and error.
CBD oil is a poorly regulated market and most products are imported from overseas. Since hemp absorbs chemicals from the ground, including lead and mercury, growing conditions can make a big difference. Labeling of CBD products is also often inconsistent and unclear, making it confusing for CBD consumers to know what they’re buying.
- Always ask for
third partylab results when buying CBD oil
- Third party lab results test for potency, pesticides, residual solvents, and mycotoxins of the CBD hemp oil. If a company is reluctant to share these results with you, it’s a red flag.
- Pay close attention to product labeling
- Is the dosage (mg) listed on the bottle the actual active CBD in that product? Or is it the dosage (mg) of the CBD hemp oil? These are two clearly different measurements that could make a strong difference in the potency of the product.
- Don’t hesitate to ask a more knowledgeable expert for help.
- This is your health you are talking about so don’t be shy to ask for expert advice when you’re buying CBD oil products. The CBD oil market is young. Don’t just trust a product because it’s a “known brand”. Make sure to check online reviews to see if you can read about other customers’ experiences.
Tyler Hatch is a writer from Salt Lake City, UT. His publications range from art journals to indie newspapers, and web content for several companies, including a Fortune 500 tech firm. A long-time friend of the Hemplucid founders, it was after a series of impactful family medical events that he began writing for the company in the Spring of 2017. (FYI CBD saved the day! Thanks, Hemplucid.)
After the devastating loss of a loved one to the opiate epidemic, Tyler got serious about making energetic progress toward a better life and a better world.